All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has introduced Entrepreneurship oriented Skill development courses of Skill Diploma namely D.Voc. OmDayal Group of Institutions is offering two such courses under Department of Computer Science & Engineering – Software Development and Graphics & Multimedia, one course under Department of Mechanical Engineering – Refrigeration & Air Conditioning and one course under department of Architecture – Architecture Assistantship. In these courses the institute will conduct general education content and sector specific skill training will be provided by Skill Knowledge Providers / Training Providers / Industries.
D.Voc (Diploma in Vocational) courses are introduced in various subjects for students who have completed their 10th standard or equivalent. This is largely targeted towards youth who want to enhance their employability opportunities to learn, earn and grow. The advantage of these courses is that as against conventional Degree courses like B.Com or B.Sc., here It has multiple exit points and continuous exposure to industry. The industry based skill training increases the chances of landing a job. It may also find innovative, trendy and new areas of expertise that match with student interests and job aspirations.
Highlights of D.Voc Courses
- This is a 3 year degree course after 10th standard or equivalent with multiple entry and exit points.
- Students completing the first year get a Level 3 certificate, after second year they get the Level 4 certificate and after completion of three years, the D.Voc. Diploma is awarded.
- The course curriculum has 40% general education (theory) and 60% vocational training (practical) components
- These programs follow semester system and offer credits after completion of the course.
- The course provides flexibility to the students by means of pre-defined entry and multiple exit points.
- The students who have enrolled in D.Voc courses appreciate the practical focus and are confident that their chances of getting a suitable job are higher than other graduates.
|Sl. No.||Course Name||Intake||Eligibility Criteria|
|1||Architecture Assistantship||30||Class X passed|
|2||Graphics & Multimedia||30||Class X passed|
|3||Refrigeration and Air Conditioning||30||Class X passed|
|4||Software Development||30||Class X passed|
3 year Diploma Courses are approved by AICTE, New Delhi and Affiliated to West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocation Education and Skill Development (WBSCTVESD).
Flexible Class Timing, compulsory On Job Training (OJT) Partner National Small Industries Corporation (NSIC), Govt. of India Enterprise. For Admission contact : 9903971469